Thread: GOS question
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
They are not SYW demos at all, they're tracks for Lindsey's unfinished solo album. A lot of the tracks sound complete to me but a few definitely are demos.
Correct. The ones that are demos (Blue Turns to Grey, Steve's Riff, Given Thing, possibly Deep Dense) weren't included in the album's track list as of summer 2001, when the album was aborted for the final time. The others are all unmastered (but mixed) tracks for that final album.
Quote:
That site that hosted the Gift Of Screws tracks unfortunately no longer exists.
Actually, the site that first hosted the MP3s is still up: The Underground. But she has other goodies up nowadays.
Quote:
I wish it did though because I can't stand to see fans ripped off on eBay.
"Gift of Screams" really seems to be a cash cow for somebody, but I don't know whom. But bear in mind it's MP3-sourced, regardless of what that seller says.
Quote:
Hillary I'll post the Miranda demo later for you.
Again, there is no "Miranda" demo in circulation -- it's the "Gift of Screws" track, circa 2001. Earlier in the thread, Brian J. posted the link to the EasyTree torrent, which has the best available GOS tracks online.

sometimes, it's best to paraphrase Gertrude Stein: "A demo is a demo is a demo ... but if it isn't a demo, it isn't a demo."

moviekinks.blogspot.com