View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
I'm a redhead and I think I noticed my first grey hair when I was about 23. But that was more of a one-time incident. My hair really didn't start to turn grey until I was about 32-33 (I'm 39 now)--right near the temples. Around the same time, my hair began to "brown" out or lose it's original, vibrant color. That's when I began what I like to term "Color restoration". So I go and spend an outrageous sum of money every three months or so to get my hair to look it's "normal" color. The strange thing is that both my parents didn't began to go grey until they were in their late 40's or early 50's. My half-brother on the other hand is almost completely grey and has been since his early 40's (he's also a redhead). Oh well, we shouldn't complain--at least we've both still got a full head of hair! The really unfair thing to me is that you guys look distinguished or flat out sexy with grey hair. Women with grey hair just look old--which is why I spend the $$$$ to keep myself looking half-way decent. Now if I could just come up with the money to get the botox and the eyebrow lift and . . . aging sure ain't pretty and fighting it isn't cheap!
I think there are women who look fine with grey hair. Save your $.

- Jake