View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
She came back? Just barely. I seem to remember most of her parts being phoned-in and then a big discussion took place where Stevie bitched about barely being on the record. TITN was a Buckingham McVie album, with a sprinkling of Nicks to taste.
I agree. I have never said she was there 100%. What I am saying, have said, and will always say is FM was willing to work with her while she was on the road and were willing to wait for her to get through her hospitalization for her addiction. That was great of them to do that and that they did that must mean they like her and thought her work/presence was of merit. I think they also did it because at the time she was very, very popular and her presence on the record guaranteed a certain number of sales as did her presence on the tour. Yet, when I say this, people think I am slamming LB or saying TITN was all Stevie or an awful record. I am not. I am just saying Stevie made a considerable effort to fit TITN into her schedule when she did not have to do so and she was sick. I think that shows unquestionable loyalty on her part; it does not mean TITN was not LB's brilliant product that was the result of hard work or that CM did not give far more time than Stevie did. But, people cannot see that and thus, the LB v. SN debate rages on.

save the cheerleader - save the world