View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bumperke
There are a few good, powerfull numbers on the cd.
But Chris is not the strongest songwriter here, it least, that is what i think.
It's funny, because this is my favorite grouping of Christine's songs, out of all of Fleetwood Mac's releases, and her two solo albums.

I think 'Time' is a great album, that suffers a little because of the disjointed way in which it came together... but the performances and production are top-notch.

When it was released, I had some trepidations about it, because I came to Fleetwood Mac largely as a Stevie Nicks fan.
And even though I became a huge fan of FM in general, and had gone back thru and bought all of the albums pre-Stevie, it was weird for me to think of a brand-new Fleetwood Mac album that didn't feature her.
(And I guess I wasn't the only one who felt that way, given Entertainment Weekly's pithy review of the album: "Who gives a 'Tusk' about a Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie Nicks!")

Still, since I loved Fleetwood Mac, I quickly realized there was no reason why I wouldn't still love them, post-Stevie. After all, Chris, Mick, and John were still there, and I already loved Billy's stuff... so even if I hated Bekka Bramlett and Dave Mason's contributions, the album wouldn't be a complete loss.

And it definitely wasn't. In fact, not only did I LOVE Christine's stuff, but I also really dug Bekka and Dave's participation.

I also liked Bekka and Billy's chemistry so much that when they struck out on their own as a duo, I snatched up their album right away (although I was disappointed that, to me, it wasn't nearly as great as their songs on 'Time').

I'd bet money that if 'Time' had been released before Lindsey & Stevie ever joined the band, the fans' perception of it would be quite different.