View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First off, there was an already completed album that wasn't released (obviously), called Another Link In The Chain, which didn't include Christine McVie. At some point, Mick (I assume) had contacted Christine about participating in the album; therefore, Christine's tracks were done separately from the tracks with Bekka, Billy & Dave. Hence, the lack of a tight cohesion of the album; which can be somewhat alleviated for the listener by reprogramming the running order...I found this to flow the nicest:

I DO
TALKIN' TO MY HEART
I WONDER WHY
WINDS OF CHANGE
SOONER OR LATER
DREAMING THE DREAM
NIGHTS IN ESTORIL
NOTHING WITHOUT YOU
I GOT IT IN FOR YOU
HOLLYWOOD (SOME OTHER KIND OF TOWN)
BLOW BY BLOW
THESE STRANGE TIMES
ALL OVER AGAIN

Taken individually, these songs rank from "good" to "great". The division between actual participants on the album really make the album a bit "schizo". Major kudos to Richard Dashut for making the SOUND fit together, even if the songs & musician chemistry didn't.

I would rate the best of these tunes right alongside the rest of Fleetwood Mac's material.

I really think the reason that most people diss this album is the SOLE fact that neither Lindsey nor Stevie are the main songwriters. Their loss, it is actually a VERY good album on its own merits.