View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by paleshadow
I had a Paddington Bear when I was little. I used to sleep with him because I was afraid of the dark, and since he was from Darkest Peru, I figured he had my back. I had him for a long time, but when I went away to school, my dad and his wife had a garage sale and sold him and the rest of my stuffed animals for fifty cents a piece. The big sap that I am, I was horrified. Sometimes I take comfort in the fact that one day my father will be passing down his Alfa Romeo (the second son) to me. I'll let you all know when I'll be having my garage sale!
Ah, parents...
I remember finding that my mother had thrown out my old comic book collection, which was already worth thousands over fifteen years ago. Her defense was that I hadn't touched the comics since I was thirteen. I tried explaining about the money, but it didn't seem to sink in until I mentioned that forty years from now when we're shopping for a nursing home & she wants the nice one, she shouldn't complain that I'm on a budget.
(Looks like she'll e joining us at the Ledgie home. Anybody here like mah jong?)

- Jake