View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Ledgie

"The "Bermuda Triangle" CD is taken from the exact same performances (from the Record Plant Sausalito) as the 2-LP set "WTRFMPSU", however, the CD omits "Black Magic Woman", "Oh Well", "Believe Me", "Cliff Davis Blooze" (which is the introduction of the band over a blues vamp), and "Rattlesnake Shake"."....ChiliD

Macfan57, Thanks for including the two set lists. From ChiliD's info, I guess your Sausalito is really the WTRFMPSU. Sorry ChiliD, I didn't mean to second guess you. I know you talked about this in the other thread. I just get a little confused sometimes and now with three, Hempstead, Sausalito-WTRFMPSU & Sausalito-Bermuda Triangle, (truncated WTRFMPSU). Does it sound like I have it now? ChiliD, thanks for making it really clear.

Macfan57, do you hear the audience on your Hempstead, NY version or do you prefer one to the other? I've noticed that in the discography section of the Penguin, they do list both Bermuda Triangle and WTRFMPSU, also showing some artwork. Do the copies you have also have artwork? or you ChiliD? Someone took the time to give these boots artwork, wayback, when they were only on LP. Did that artwork carry over to the cds? I do like it!

I happened to notice two auctions currently going on eBay, Macfan57 or ChiliD or anyone else? What do you make of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1573

This looks like the Sausalito-Bermuda Triangle? any thoughts, starting bid is $14.95

Ok, this one looks really interesting, here it is titled Homeward Bound?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2584909300

Now, can't remember the alternate setlist, but do you think these are both Sausalito 1974 recordings? I noticed neither Bermuda Triangle or WTRFMPSU include "Homeward Bound". Anythoughts on this? This is also listed for $14.95. Has anyone seen these covers before? I would really like to hear what you guys think of this? Thanks for listening!

edit: Macfan57, I just noticed your reply to ChiliD regarding the audience on Hempstead. Did you like the presence of the audience or prefer Sausalito recording?

2nd edit: Macfan57, I just noticed that "Homeward" bound is on the Hempstead recording, I was going on the assumption it wasn't. So yeah, that boot is obviously "Hempstead". Sorry, my error!

"The Earth is good, why do we abuse it?"...Ray Thomas

Last edited by greenfire; 01-03-2004 at 05:58 PM..