View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I posted something similar awhile back but for the older Mac albums. Some albums were certified platinum while others stuck at gold and not updated for decades. I read that the band or the record company has to request and pay for the update. It appeared back then and now the band really does no care for the older certifications. I dont know why but Mirage and Tusk are sort of forgotten albums by the Mac. Both were not great with critics. Say You Will and BTM were never loved in the states during release so I would not think they grew much in sales because few know they even exist.
Didn't Stevie's OSOTM album finally go platinum several years ago? Apparently she or her record company cares to keep updating. I bet Street Angel is like BTM and SYW and will never go platinum.
Tango charted at a modest #7 on Billboard. For the amount of charting radio friendly singles it surprised me how little it sold in the states. Yes I know it was successful. I am only saying that with 3 hit videos, 2 top ten and 2 top 20 songs it should have sold more back then. There were albums released around that time that only had one or two hits and sold more.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-20-2023 at 03:29 AM..