View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
However, you’re cherry picking their history to get to that conclusion, ignoring things like Lindsey refusing to play the 2013 Oceana dates without John.

If they hadn’t fired Lindsey and if John hadn’t made it clear he’s done, then I’d agree a reunion would be possible. But without the McVies, I don’t think any of the others would agree to go back out as Fleetwood Mac.

Even if Stevie and Lindsey have a reconciliation and do a project with Mick, it won’t be as Fleetwood Mac.
Fair enough about John, but I think Mick's comments along the lines of "I think we're done, but you never know with this band" or whatever the wording was, made it clear at least Mick would keep Fleetwood Mac going if he has any say in it.

Mick left the door open, just like he did in 2012 Playboy interview, then Stevie came out on Loose Women talk show and confirmed they would be doing a world tour the following year, in 2013.

Someone said Lindsey refused to tour Oceania dates in 2013 because of John's poor health and not wanting to do the shows without John. I had no idea that was Lindsey's decision, I had tickets to an Australian show of the 2013 tour and was devastated to miss it, thank god they came back -- I didn't think there would be another tour after the 2013 one, at the time. But that's partly because I was 20 years old and really freaking out over nothing, as teenagers and young people do.

But come to think of it. Yeah, if Christine had not returned, I think "2013 Fleetwood Mac Live" tour could well have been their last.