View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I may need some help with adjectives here. The music to Why moves me so much. It moves my soul and is the most beautiful track Fleetwood Mac has performed like Oh Daddy but more solemn. Bob Weston's slide guitar at the beginning is so lonely. He starts to play and almost trying to find a good melody. Then the piano kicks in and joins the solemn guitar and gives the song direction. Chris's singing is pure blues but the music is her full partner in this song. When the strings start echoing the guitars is so moving. I dont know how to describe it. It fits/sounds like the lyrics perfectly. We feel Chris's pain and her heartbreak. So could there any other song that the music feels like the lyrics? Early Fleetwood Mac with strings? Clearly they were going for an effect and it sucks you in.
I wish we could have had a round table of Chris and both Bobs and the rest of the band about this song. I want to know who came up with these ideas.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-28-2023 at 05:15 AM..