View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think it's because the entire crowd knows it rather than her enjoyment. She doesn't sing the "Ah-ah-ah...ah-ah" in the song which would sound cool. Almost like her now retired Edge Wail.

I'm sure she'd rather sing her own fast rock song like Blue Lamp or Blue Denim but the crowd wouldn't know them, which sucks because those songs are freaking awesome!
I have a different take. I think she did it when she fell into her fantasy world of being a big rock star. It would have been cool to do 1981-1989. But she had new material then to perform on stage. When her music career dried up and it was only concerts, performing Led Zeppelin made her feel cool and a rock queen. She did it for her not as a tribute to Zeppelin. When Heart did it all through the 80s it was their encore and tribute. It was not about them. She really wanted to be that rock star. If you recall that 1990 interview where she says she still gets knocked out in disbelief when a Fleetwood Mac song gets played between Led Zeppelin and The Who. Most of her crowd tolerates the song but its not their favorite. But its Stevie pretending she is the queen of rock. I bet Waddy talked her into it. He was the one that also twisted her arm into doing Crying In The Night on the 24k Gold Tour (her words from the stage).

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-01-2023 at 01:18 PM..