View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I bet they were waiting for their big final tour with new album to promote. It would have been the perfect package: A new album of the 5 since the 1980s, new songs, a final tour, and a DVD concert. It's sort of what we all expected including most of them.
But someone did not play the game and just threw the cards.
It would have been the perfect ending and slick promotion for the album and DVD. But we got Crowded House and Free Fallin instead.
I'm hoping you are saying this bit with a sarcastic tone..... Because the idea that they would ever have plans for an actual new album is just... implausible.

Let me correct that-- the idea that STEVIE ever had any intention or even remote interest in doing a new album is highly doubtful. Clearly Mike was open to it, Mick would always be open to it, probably John and Chris would've been fine with it... not sure about Neil, but he'd likely be all for it from a career/money perspective. But, "I'm not the boss" would be the holdout.
After her pissing on the whole project that ended up becoming BuckVie, I doubt she was up for doing a new album in any form.