View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I sort of agree with your point (why OWTS was not recorded) that even though OWTS was a huge success, the band was in decline and they just released an earlier tour video. But Chris coming back was huge so its still a bit confusing. But remember, even during OWTS there was talk there would be a studio album and final tour of the 5. Maybe they were holding out for that last farewell tour with album to record a show. We all know who ruined that.
I have total disagreement with you about the "gems" Dont Dream Its Over and Free Fallin. Thank goodness this was not professionally recorded. Even though it was the last act of the Mac, is this really what they want remembered for? Part Fleetwood Mac, part Heartbreakers, part Crowded House? Sadly they could not even let one of the guys sing Black Magic Woman or the crowd would walk out. It would be hideous for there to be no Mirage professional live video of Hold Me, No The Dance video of Hold Me, No OWTS video of Hold Me but there would be a Crowded House version? God Help Us!
Aw man I HATE when my sarcasm doesn’t come through. Totally sarcastic with the “gem” stuff. That Don’t Dream It’s Over and Free Fallin’ were placed into a Fleetwood Mac set and were allegedly highlights every night was truly embarrassing.