View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It makes me have little interest in seeing ANY shows now. 90+% of act play with karaoke tracks now.

That's why Mirage was the last time they were a true band(even though there was a hidden keyboard player and drummer).

WHO THE F*CK DECIDED THAT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO SOUND EXACTLY LIKE THE RECORD, NOW? Because, OFF WITH THEIR HEAD!!!!
I wholeheartedly agree. Most of the classic rock dinosaur acts are using layered karaoke tracks in their arena tours. Even Springsteen, known for his impromptu varying set lists, seems to be using layered tracks.

The layered tracks are also the reason why the set list cannot be changed or deviated from - the technology plays the show like a recording down to the minute - with inserted talk breaks. Teleprompters can be seen onstage to give the artists visual ques. Technolgy has killed the energy and spontaneity of live music tours - it's all just a watered-down corporation.

It seems to me that Sharon Celani and Marilyn Martin are just lip synching to their pre-recorded backing vocals. The show can easily be done without them.