View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Dang, you got me about Doing the Best That I Can. Well, I’m gonna make another selection- I think UnwindedDreams mentioned the Nightmare, and I agree that would sound good live. I think Sometimes It’s a Bitch is a good song and would also sound great live, but ultimately, I would choose No Questions Asked. I’ve grown to love that song, it’s one of her more unusual songs, lyrically it’s all over the place (kind of a trademark of hers) but a live version would have to have that incredible guitar that Rick Vito laid down for the song. It sounds more like a Stevie solo song than a Stevie FM song.

I agree Sister Honey would sound good live, especially as a set opener.
Your picks surprised me because we have opposite Stevie solo tastes. But I applaud you seeing things the right way

BTW, Sister Honey would only work as a full rock edit version. Scrap all that funky, breakdancing, disco, funk crap. Les does an impeccable guitar solo. It would have been the perfect bouncy rocker. Instead its lost of the slick haze of 1985.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-25-2023 at 06:36 AM..