View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't know how you could make a comment about a disability like that. I think you should apologize for that comment. I responded directly to everything you wrote. No need to hit or hit below the belt.
You first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Good reading comprehension!
Quote:
I don't want to fight with you. You hang onto my posts and try to hurt me, beat me down, and belittle me. Please block me if my posts bother you. They are my opinions.
You’re the one name calling and intentionally taking things out of context.

Quote:
I wish for diversity in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The the first inductee was Chuck Berry and the first woman inductee was Aretha Franklin.

You’re virtue signaling for something that’s not problem. The Hall has been pretty spot on.

Quote:
It would have been so historic and empowering to have Tina Turner or Diana Ross as the first woman (Tina) or women (Tina and Diana) to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I listed the reasons for Tina to have been inducted before I mentioned that two women of color should have been inducted twice before Stevie.
How?!? How would it be any more historic for an organization whose first inductee and first female inductee were POC??? If anything, Stevie was the exception, not the rule.

While I think Tina was better and should have been first, a very legitimate case could be made for Stevie. Unlike Tina or Diana, Stevie is a songwriter and is still relevant on the touring circuit. Tina retired and Diana was semi-retired. Stevie never retired. The reason she was able to get Lindsey fired is the same reason she was the first woman inducted twice. She was the bigger name in the moment.

THE Stephen Hopkins