View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
Isn't It Midnight would've rocked! I've also thought how much a Dance era Sisters of the Moon probably would have brought the house down.

I guess a lot of my picks here have to due with wanting to hear some of the Tango stuff Lindsey never performed with them yet, upon quitting, and how they would have sounded with those lighter, refined arrangements.
I agree. That would be my pick. Although with the studio sound that was the Dance live, I am not sure Sisters would have packed the punch like it did with earlier tours. Technology of the late 90s had bands abandoning the big arena rocks sound for a more studio like sound.
Since we missed Lindsey on Tango tour, it would have been nice to get a few more tracks like Little Lies and Isn't It Midnight.
I am in the minority but never cared for the Dance version of Say You Love Me. I would have gladly axed it for Hold Me or Think About Me.
I would have even axed all new songs too. However the band wanted to sound fresh with "new" material. They also did not want to become a mass market hit concert and still played deep tracks like Oh Daddy. But the biggest issue I take with the Dance was the solo songs of Stand Back and a very long Go Insane. Just imagine axing those 2 songs along with Not That Funny. You could have put in some better songs. There was no need for Stand Back. The Mac was back and did not need Stevie's solo career to keep them afloat. Sara or Angel could have been the replacement. Lastly again I am in the minority but I would have axed Farmers Daughter for Love In Store. I think it would make a great encore with all 3 vocalists. Its upbeat and poppy and relatively short. All the reasons for a great show stopper ending.
I remember loving that Chris and Lindsey were back on stage with the Mac. I remember leaving a little disappointed. It was no Mirage or Fleetwood Mac live (1980) sound. I loved the 1990 farewell tour. It rocked. I much prefer Lindsey with the band but Fleetwood Mac live used to be a beast compared to the studio one. I again am probably in the minority but prefer a much more raw live format without so much backing musicians.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-16-2023 at 08:13 AM..