Thread: Renaming Albums
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Christine on the making of Mirage (2016):

Well, I don’t think any of us remember a huge amount about it! But I don’t remember there being anything bad about it, how about that [laughs]?

It was extremely odd in the sense that it wasn’t really a studio. It really was a rather beaten-up old castle. We were living in it, and then there was another area that was made to be a studio. And there were wine cellars underneath, which I believe we used as echo chambers. So it was unusual, but it also provided a “come-together” sort of moment. Because we really had no options to do anything else. In Sausalito, at least you were close to restaurants, clubs, whatever. But at the chateau, you were just there. We had the table tennis out, we had some radio-controlled helicopters, we had food cooked for us every night on the premises. … I don’t know, it was like some weird, manic kind of resort or something. But I think we got on really well during the making of the record. The actual recording part of it, there were no particular spats I can think of. And some of the tracks are really good.
Sounds right-ish. Mick recalls "semi-tense" discussions about the direction of the sound for the record because Lindsey wanted a 50s-style Eddie Cochran thing whereas the rest of band wanted to "get back to basics." The sonics of the album suggest a a compromise that tilts a little towards what the rest of the band wanted.