View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Are you serious or kidding? So you really think Stevie was jealous or resentful that Christine’s album won a Grammy? I don’t even know that Christine herself would have actually gotten a Grammy- wasn’t it a producer who was actually nominated? But more to the point, Christine is dead. As much as some people here hate Stevie, I’d like to think that folks can be reasonable. Stevie is genuinely sad, just like Mick and John and Lindsey, and it’s unfortunate that comments like that are making the rounds here. If people want to demonize Stevie, can you not use Christine to do so? Just continue complaining about how she destroyed FM. There’s plenty of fodder there and that seems to be a people pleasing subject on this message board.

And I don’t mean to single you out, jbrown. Your posts are mostly reasonable, I just chose to respond to your because it was the latest one that mentioned Christine. I just feel icky reading other people’s comments about Stevie “exploiting” Christine’s death because she is doing a tribute to her.
I don't feel singled out. I just see Nicks different than you. It obviously was a joke, but the joke is that she is so hungry for ego and attention, I could see her irritated and jealous of any attention or award Christine's music gets.

When Bill Clinton chose Don't Stop, Stevie kept acting like it was her song. The speeches at the end saying she brought Christine back. It goes on and on.

Stevie's tribute did get to me. I cried with her at the end of the song. I felt her pain. Some people see her even differently than I do. It's ok Bwboy. It's a forum. Nobody is trying to offend you or me.