View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. i think Stevie doing Don't Stop and clearly identifying it as Christine's song, making sure to emphasize Christine was her equal and just as important (or even more) singer/songwriter in FM and dedicating it to her memory would be a nice thing, considering Stevie is much better known FM member.

this is very different from her riding the coattails of Prince or Tom Petty who were both so much more known & successful acts than she has been. in that case, especially about Prince with whom she barely had any contact or relationship, it felt like exploiting a hugely popular and respected act to make herself look more important. it would be exactly the opposite with Christine.
Quick question- WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ELLE???

Just kidding

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the debate about about whether Stevie and Christine were friends, or rather how good friends they were: I think the Rumours 5 have an unbelievable bond, being as popular as they were as quickly as they were, and with all the relationships that were intertwined. And certainly, Stevie and Christine, being women, probably bonded much more than the three gentlemen. Stevie seemed to, and perhaps still does, need intimate friends. I’ve heard Stevie say things like “Christine and I took a vow that night that we would never take a backseat to the boys” or something to that effect, with candles lit and Stevie holding Christine’s hand. Now I can just picture Christine sharing the same story in her own words- “I told Stevie those boys better not pull any crap with us” as she was drinking a glass of wine on the couch. I mean, we all know Stevie says these outrageous things, but in her mind she probably believe it. So when she says Christine was her best friend, yet she hadn’t talked to her since the last day of their tour 2 or 3 years ago, she believes it because there is absolutely no one else in the world who can really understand what it was like for them in 1975-1980. That sort of thing definitely creates a bond.