View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This is a bit revisionist. Even after the BTM tour, Christine was always going to be their Brian Wilson. She talked in the 1993 press conference about them going into the studio in April to begin a new album (them at the time being Mick, John, Christine, and Billy), so she was under contract before Bekka and Mason were added. At some point in April, Billy left, so “I Do” was likely from those sessions. From April to October, Fleetwood Mac didn’t have a guitarist, which is why/when I suspect Michael Thompson did the guitar parts.

However, almost every interview they did for the 94-95 tours talked about how she was still in the band. Billy even said in his recent interview that he and Bekka had to have Christine and Dave give the green light for “Dreamin’ the Dream,” and that was the last song written for the album.

I think she worked on the Bramlett stuff and maybe the original version of “Blow By Blow,” but she and Mason didn’t get on and she stopped working with them.

Which makes me wonder if Richard left Time to go make Smile with Lindsey and his band in Hawaii after he realized he couldn’t work with Mason. I also wonder if he was fired by the label when that album was rejected so that they could stick Rob Cavallo on Lindsey.
Of course they were still talking she was in the band in 1994. They needed her for the record deal.
You are taking quotes or statements said in casual terms as a precursor to the future. You dont get they were always talking in positive terms about the band? Why is this so hard to believe? Is the studio guitarist lying what happened during Time? Is Mick lying what actually happened during Time? Is Wikipedia wrong about the album?
History is cemented in time (pardon the pun). Its recorded. There is no disputing that. You are taking statements before Time was recorded and using them to say what happened during or after Time when it did not happen yet.
In theory yes, Chris was still with the band in 1994. She wanted out and was pressed to record the album. Both statements can be true at the same time. The statements from band members from 1990 to 1995 were all over the place. Who was in who was out? Is someone going to tour or not? Who is doing a solo album? etc etc. Many of those statements were not true at the time or were wrong with what was going to happen. For example, its factual history Chris did her recording for Time away from the band. If she was all in with the band as you allege, then why was it done this way? Chris is so loyal to Mick. She has always done everything he asks her to do including Time. The only times she said no was touring with the band during Time and anything beyond the US Leg of the Dance tour. Nothing is revisionist. Its what actually happened.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-25-2023 at 09:25 AM..