View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Other people on this board have said Christine didn’t vote for Clinton, based on comments she had made at the time.

I also remember an interview where the band said they practiced for several days leading up to the inauguration, which I always thought was insane, all that rehearsal for just one song! But I’m sure they were nervous because of the scope of the performance and because they hadn’t performed live since what, 1982? Well, they did in 1990, I guess.
In 1995 she was asked about Bill Clinton. He exact words were: "I would have never voted for him but I was honored he picked our song".
Thats a class act!

There is a funny political question in the Dance rehearsal interviews where the guy from Entertainment Tonight and brought up the inauguration. He asked if it was something they would consider doing in the UK. He threw out the example of Tony Blair who was a newly elected Labor Prime minister. You should have seen Chris and John's reaction. Even though it was casual in nature and Tony Blair was given as an example, Chris clapped back that they would never do anything for the Labor party. You would have thought the interviewer pointed a gun at them. Their reaction was very bold.

I dont know why they needed to practice to a recorded track. I remember Lindsey specifically saying they did not need to practice since they could play the song in their sleep. Maybe things were not right during practice and felt the need to pre-record the track.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-21-2023 at 12:18 PM..