View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I remember watching it and recording it on my VCR. It was great to see them all back together. I heard someone on the radio say something like if that is how they sound for not performing live in 15 years, they can stay away. It irked me when they kept saying the first time together in 15 years. It was like the band did not exist in the BTM era. Stevie's weight gain was shocking. The comedian on MTV during the inaugural said "who took the air hose to Stevie Nicks.' That stuff had to hurt. This was right before she hit rock bottom and fell into her fireplace and got off tranquilizers. Her dead stare in this photo is hard to look at and I am being serious. Totally dead eyes.
Also the band said several times around this show that this was not a sign the band was getting back together and would not happen.
I know its live TV but think its weird they pretended to play with a pre-recorded track. Stevie's tambourine was even just a prop. The microphones were the only thing that was real. I just remember thinking when I saw them live in 1990 that the piano shuffle and the entire band made Dont Stop an anthem and the arena was stomping. This version is one of my least favorite live versions of the song.
Gosh remember Michael Jackson came on stage singing with them. Really a fun time.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-21-2023 at 06:11 AM..