View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
They sang Don’t Dream It’s Over, Free Falling, and I Got You, and then dropped I Got You. So they’re not Fleetwood Mac because they sang two covers on the same tour? Like when they performed Blue Letter and the Farmer’s Daughter when Lindsey was with them? Those were cover songs as well. I think two or even three cover songs is pretty tolerable in a setlist of 22-24 songs, and hardly makes it a cover band. And for all the outrage people had about them singing cover songs, there were others who were just as outraged they performed any of Lindsey’s songs. The old damned if they do, damned if they don’t dilemma.
FM actually performed DDIO, IGY, and FF towards the end of the tour as well when the setlist was 20 songs.

Blue Letter was first released by Fleetwood Mac. It's like Talk To Me - that's a Stevie song. Blue Letter is a FM song. Farmer's Daughter is not an FM song.

I think those three covers should've been rare Stevie songs or even Billy or Rick songs instead. They really should have been new FM songs

Bottom line, there should have been at least one newly recorded song in the 2018 setlist. They were able to do it in 2013. No reason why they couldn't in 2018.