View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Yes...this! I was going to post pretty much the same thing. It's not just the replacements that made the whole thing fake, it was the entire premise and how it was handled.

Mick's "new band" comments....fake

"We don't like to use that word(fired)"...fake

"We weren't happy" comments....fake. Stevie wasn't happy. Heck, Christine wasn't even aware when/where the axe was swung.

The Tom Petty tribute...fake. I'm sorry, IMO she's exploiting her friendship with Tom to use Free Falling as an easy peasy show stopper moment. Mike didn't even want to do it. People here can flame me for this, it's ok. They knew the set needed as many feel good moments as they could get.

The infamous Lindsey "smirk".....fake. It was the whole band.

"A new chapter to revisit our blues roots"....mostly fake. Most of it was cut from the setlist by mid-tour.

Filling the setlist with crowded house and split enz tunes....fake. Why not call it Mick Fleetwood and His All Star Band instead?

Back to the topic, it still seems surreal that Christine is gone and I think of her all the time. It's heartbreaking that she won't pop up in a new interview or the opportunity for all 5 of them to be together is now forever lost.
It also annoys me and many others Stevie's assumption and acknowledgement she is the lead singer and the masses will not attend concerts without her. Only a lead singer in a band could pull this off.
Let me explain. Bands fire members all the time. Bon Jovi fired their keyboard player when the band was almost at its peak. If you are routinely drunk, wont practice, or steal from the band, etc. Those are good reasons to fire someone. However imagine if only one member of the band wanted the keyboard player fired. They would have no power unless the rest of the members agreed. A lead singer like Steve Perry or Jon Bon Jovi can do that to their band. If you dont agree with my terms, I quit. The band cant perform without their lead singer. Of all those years of Fleetwood Mac trying to make it look like Stevie was not the lead singer i.e. only giving her 3 songs per album and never giving her a lead off single, etc came back to haunt them. The chickens came back to roost and the band wilted like a dead flower. Stevie really was saying, its my band, I call the shots, its my way or the highway. Worse still is she let Mick do the deed almost like a mafia boss.