View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
When I suppose the band and Lindsey got her Fed Ex tape and tried to develop it as best he could. However, have you noticed how bad her demos were in the 80s? If you listen to her demos in the 70s, they are coherent with a fairly good melody and good singing. They were partially sculpted works of art that Lindsey took to the next level. For Tango, Lindsey got a lump of clay.
I think it’s interesting when people credit Lindsey as the ultimate craftsman for producing and turning songs into the works of art they are, but he gets none of the blame or criticism when the songs he produces suck. You make a great point that maybe Stevie’s demos were pretty good in and of themselves, and Lindsey was able to add production to help make it a great song, whereas with a poor demo, Lindsey couldn’t even make it a tolerable song.

I feel these 5 folks created something that would not have worked if even one person or component were off. As wonderful as Lindsey’s work was, the albums wouldn’t have been the masterpieces they were, especially FM, Rumours, and Tusk, without those five people.