View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I suppose it can be considered a proper leg of the Rumours tour, but I see those concerts as stand-alone. When they got off the road in December 1977, Fleetwood Mac was finished with the Rumours tour. None of them had any plan or idea they would tour for a month later that summer. It was an ad hoc plan to take a studio break and really had no original connection to the 1977 tour. In 1978, these were big shows, like a month-long series of stand-alone stadium gigs (the East and West festivals weren’t related to a tour, either). Apart from playing live to take a break from the studio, I think the organization wanted to keep the band’s name in the spotlight — and unload the rest of the unsold 1977 programs and T-shirts. The 1978 concerts were very unusual, too, because there were no West Coast appearances. In fact, there were no appearances west of the Rockies. Really weird. Bly, I envy your getting to see this “leg.”
And apparently this was on the roster too. Providence was to be one of the warm up gigs, but alas

https://www.theuncool.com/journalism...fleetwood-mac/