View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I do think Blue Denim and TISL are her strongest solo songs in the last 30 years. Now I find her songs on SYW as my favorite. I think someone posted once that her 9 songs are her best solo album and I agree with it. I am a Silver Girl sucker. I think the lyrics are great on that song and I get what she's trying to get across.

To this day, Stevie says that four songs on SYW are among her best. I think those are Destiny Rules, Silver Girl, Say You Will, and Everybody Finds Out
I remember reading several reviews of Trouble in Shangri-La that said if was her best album since Bella Donna. While I can recognize the production is fantastic, for some reason I just couldn’t get into it. I don’t hate it, but except for Planets of the Universe, I found it unmemorable. Yet I can can listen to Rock a Little pretty much from the first song to the last song without skipping one track, even though I recognize that When I See You Again and the Nightmare are kind of, well, crappy lol. I had to look at Wikipedia to remember what else was on Trouble, and I couldn’t even remember how Love Is or Candlebright went.

Same thing with Say You Will- I had such high hopes but except for Thrown Down, I find Stevie’s songs unmemorable. Well, I like Say You Will, too. And by Lindsey I loved Peacekeeper and What’s the World Coming To. Goodbye Baby sounds like a mistake, like Lindsey put the wrong take on the album! But it’s interesting that you mention Silver Girl, Destiny Rules, and Everybody Finds Out. I actively dislike Silver Girl and Everybody Finds Out but can tolerate Destiny Rules. I recognize they’re well done, I just don’t like them. When I saw this tour on opening night, I remember thinking it was too bad the one time FM performs a lot of new songs from an album, it had to be from an album I didn’t care for lol.