View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I wish I knew where I could find Stevie on video talking about the cardigan. My recollection is that Lindsey said he thought the band should move forward with a new front. That the focus shouldn't be on the stage clothes and costumes but on the music. So Stevie decided to wear that sweater. She didn't sound angry when she gave the interview either.

What was pretty funny is that the Say You Will Tour had some of the best Stevie outfits: The red Sara kimono (putting the hair in the bun was amazing), the red and gold cape for Goodbye Baby, The Gypsy beige sparkly coat. Rhiannon wings, the coat for Go Your Own Way, the gloves, the scarves on the 2004 leg.
In that one interview, I don't remember what she said he said, but it was a criticism like tone it down. Don't be so glamorous or dramatic or something he supposedly said to her. I mean, Lindsey does say things to her and I don't think he does it 100% innocently. After all, even though he judges Mick's red, hand made shoes, do you think he ever tells Mick not to wear them? We all saw Lindsey suggest that she align her pronouns for Thrown Down. That hurt her so much that she had to resurrect the incident 10 years later for In Your Dreams. Most of us will never know pain like she endured.

BUT she wore that same granny sweater for other appearances outside of Fleetwood Mac, which suggests it wasn't all that humiliating for her. Of course her fans have all sorts of explanations for this. They suggest maybe because she was on tour she didn't have any other clothes with her when she made other appearances, as if she flies around the world with nothing more than Karen's back pack to store her meager belongings in.

Last edited by michelej1; 12-30-2022 at 08:16 AM..