View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The discussion of who would sing Christine’s songs is so depressing. It’s the same reason why I hated the RRHOF tribute to Linda Ronstadt - when someone had such a unique and incredible voice, hearing others sing their songs doesn’t really add anything, just reminds you of what you’re missing.

Never in my life have I heard another singer who made me think, “This voice reminds me of Christine’s,” and part of her uniqueness was a mysterious quality that made even the most saccharine lyrics sound not-cheesy. I just don’t know who else could do that. Threw up in my mouth a little at Sheryl Crow. (Stevie would also probably try to get the Haim sisters in there. They did a cover of Hold Me and it was very boring.)

The only two people who come to mind as maybe being able to pull it off would be Bonnie Raitt (very different sounding voice but similar energy and blues background) and Florence Welch (the most similar voice I can think of).

Right now, the only person I’d actually want to hear singing her songs is Lindsey, if he were to transpose them into his range.