View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I felt the same way at the time. I was always rooting for the release of Nothing Ever Changes because a good rock song is always an enjoyable concert staple. She already has an abundance of ballads. Of those 3 songs you listed, for me NEC is the only one that has stood the test of time. I almost forgot to tell you that her and Tom Petty performed I Will Run To You live at Radio City in Sept 1983 and while it was good to hear and see it in person, I never really cared much for that song. But that's just my opinion. The audience really loved it. Tom was a surprise guest. He was not advertised on the bill.
That's right. I remember your story about the 1983 NYC show with Tom. Wow thats pretty rare. Only a handful of people on this earth have seen I Will Run To You live and you are one of them.
Like you I too was rooting for Nothing Ever Changes. It already had some decent rock play. Even if the song did not chart well like Nightbird, go out with a bang and a rocker.