View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I’m referring to her narcissism. She sees herself in romanticized terms: she sacrifices, she suffers, she exalts. She’s expansive, larger than life. A breakup isn’t just a breakup — it’s a tragedy. She sees herself in extremes, and that perspective is actually limited and even shallow (even though it makes for a great superstar vibe).

You know, Sue, I don’t think she’s all that glum. I suggest Stevie is pleased with her station and, if given the chance, would make absolutely no changes.

However, I do think aging has saddened her. It’s practically impossible to be a 75-year-old siren when reality is staring back at you in the mirror. Remember when she told Rosie in 2001 that she was horrified when she lost her “little wrists” because of weight gain? That was one of the few times I saw real sadness in her eyes, not just romantic posturing. Stevie wants to be eternally cute, and Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate with any of us.

But hankering after Lindsey’s married life? No way does she want that. She can’t even stay home for a year before she’s off and running on tour. (Besides, who says Lindsey’s married life is Norman Rockwell? Maybe his kids can’t stand their dad.) To believe that Stevie is preoccupied with Lindsey’s marriage is to believe that he is still the center of her universe, which is just the opposite of what most of us think.
Thank you David.
I see what you mean about her narcissism..and her expansive view of herself.
I actually didn’t mean she was sad but a bit pathetic…however I’m sure she is happy in her own world.
But bored maybe, she does do a lot of touring…
She’s right about fat wrists though..