View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now isn’t this Molly Meldrum interviewing them — the guy who used to flirt (successfully) with Stevie?

Now I certainly agree that Madame Nicks was a creative drag on the band after her heyday, owing in large part to her narcissistic attitude. She may seem plagued by self doubts, but I bet she really isn’t. She seems to have only a very narrow type of self awareness.

Now I think that she is living the life she absolutely wants to live. All this nonsense about children and families and so forth and Stevie pining away for “what might have been” is ridiculous. She is absolutely content where she is. Remember when Lindsey put out the word that his relationship with Carol had ended? He was deluged with fan offers of marriage. Had Stevie really wanted to, she could have snapped her fingers and summoned thousands of offers of marriage — probably from every high-octane multimillionaire in the entertainment business. None of this crap of standing in the driveway waving goodbye to Stevie as she jets off. That is Stevie mythmaking. She chose not to marry because she didn’t want to marry. You’re rewriting her narrative by making her the dissipated, embittered old woman who longs for children. Au contraire, she is having a ball. She is Queen Bee, Matriarch of Music.

moviekinks.blogspot.com