View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I do remember from an interview or elsewhere that Lindsey said of the Everly experience that although it was an honor he realized then that he did not want to be doing other people's songs for the rest of his career.

After some buzzardly scavenging I found this bit from one interview, which perhaps corroborates the biography's statement:
Quote:
Q: Prior to joining Fleetwood Mac, you got to work with Don Everly.
LB: Economics entered into the situation, and Stevie (Nicks) and I were trying to do whatever we could to pay our rent. We had not made any substantial money from [1973’s] Buckingham Nicks album. Our management company had the Carpenters and Jim Croce; they had some pretty big acts and weren’t too interested in us. [Laughs] I knew Warren Zevon, who had been playing with Don. There was an opening for a guitar player, and I got the gig. But the problem with that situation was that Don was wrestling with this idea of wanting to be Don Everly on his own, which is understandable. We were playing clubs, and everywhere we would go it was heartbreaking. All we would get was people yelling, “Play ‘Bye Bye Love,’ ‘Wake Up Little Susie.’” He was coming right out of being [in the Everly Brothers] and couldn’t take it. After about three cities, he pulled the plug on the tour. He said, “I can’t do this.”
https://magnetmagazine.com/2008/09/0...ey-buckingham/