View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all fairness, I would hate those songs whether they contained the words ‘laundry’ and ‘chimpanzee’ or not Hold oonnnnn, ugh I can’t. Amazingly, I can barely remember any songs from Trouble in Shangri-La or In Your Dreams, but I CAN remember Street Angel and specifically the songs Docklands, Jane, and Street Angel very well, despite my best efforts to forget them. Judging from how quickly Stevie dropped Docklands from her setlist that tour, it would seem audience reaction wasn’t too favorable to that song. She did sing Jane live once, during a gala event held in Jane Goodall’s honor shortly after the release of Street Angel.
Why would she have put Docklands in her set to begin with if she did not care for it. It was not going to be released as a single so there was no reason to promote it other than it would be a good song to do live.
Street Angel is a far superior album than TISRL and In Your Dreams. IMHO those albums are so boring and hardly and music and flat singing. Street Angel has incredible music tracks (on many of the songs) and its the last album of good singing. Now go be a good bwboy and rediscover it.

Docklands is not a great song but far superior to Everyday and most of the watered down crap on TISRL. Even though she did not write it, its very Stevie-esque singing about the mirror she is looking through, ships passing through the night. It tells a good story too.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-11-2022 at 04:37 AM..