Thread: Irvine, CA 1982
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It IS “a bit manic and fast ....but bloody good”, isn’t it? In addition to the upped tempos and raucous delivery, there is the age-old Mac conundrum: how do all of these styles and moods fit together? Brown Eyes follows a guitar frenzy. Tusk follows Leather and Lace. Don’t Stop sounds great on its own but it’s a seventies time capsule at an eighties show. Everything’s all over the place, a but of a mess, but it somehow works—and works well!
Another interesting aspect that these shows highlight is we all think of Dont Stop as an encore or closer but in those days it was performed early in the set which seems almost strange to not think of it as the anthem it has become today.
Almost forgot Oh Well was still played by Lindsey up to 1982. Like a fantastic sauce recipe we get a dash of this and a dash of that. We get a classic hard rocking Oh Well, a mystical Brown Eyes, a country Gypsy (no coming down or hey hey), Hold Me, and great playing with no back up singers or extra musicians anywhere in sight. Landslide gripped the audience in silence compared to the sing along it is today. Intense stuff! 5 songs from Tusk, 4 from Mirage.
Its all in there!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-04-2022 at 12:52 PM..