View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’m sure when the video for Hold Me was first released, some folks were surprised at how little she appeared. By putting Stevie in the background (and rightly so, as you mentioned she’s not even on the song) there was little risk of overexposure to the audience, or jealousy by her band mates, considering the large role she played in Gypsy.
I dont get what you are saying. Stevie was the writer and lead singer of Gypsy. Why would she not get most of the spotlight? I dont think anyone got jealous. It would have been rude to exclude Stevie from the Hold Me video so they had to include her some way. She is not on vocals and does not play an instrument. I dont think she is in it less than John or Mick. I think everyone got their fair share. Its a Chris/Lindsey song so them taking the lead would be normal. I just dont agree there was a conscious effort to keep her in the background. There are multiple shots of her up close painting, laying, and carrying a painting.