View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You are 100% correct. Fleetwood Mac is Christine McVie. I only bought their albums post 1970 when she was in the band. She is the soul of the band. She cannot be replaced. I was not excited when SYW was coming out for these reasons. I hated Stevie's 2001 Trouble In Shanrgi-la album and IMHO its her second worst solo album. Most songs are so boring and there is not much music to the tracks. Many of them have the same beat and mood. I did buy SYW when it came out and it was good to meh. It wasn't until I listened to it more that I discovered its brilliance. Remember portable CD players. I used to run a lot in 2003 and I would run down Ocean Drive every night to this CD. I love every song on the album and can hear and appreciate the coloring Lindsey put on every song. I did not like Tango....too programmed. Too synth pop.....too slick ….fake voices programmed bass, etc. BTM was good and at least all songs were real instruments. But Stevie's songs were horrible and the new guys were meh at best. SYW is just as good as Tusk IMHO. Of course Christine would have made it so much better. But she was not there so you cant get everything you want. Buck/Vie is just as good if not better. Its warm and peppy and I prefer Chris to Stevie so that is maybe why I like it more. However, SYW is deep which is something I would not say about other Fleetwood Mac albums except maybe Future Games or Mystery To Me. Its a work of art and I appreciate it and glad they did it. Some of you guys bash the album as an oversight in their career almost wishing they did not record it. Musically, its one of their best albums. A Fleetwood Mac album with more than simple pop songs. Now THAT is something to cherish. But look who I am talking to. You don't appreciate the magic of the Oh Daddy track.
We agree 100% on the initial point.

SYW as good as Tusk?

Again, IF it had been pared down to 10 songs, it would've been easier to swallow. AND, $tevie's songs should have a time limit(I say this about every Dead/jam band as well). 4 minutes Old Goat, and your droning dirge is over. Hell, I'd support a 3:30 limit on her songs. Just like when $he babbles ON and ON onstage, $he just has NO IDEA OF WHEN TO STFU.
"I love hearing myself drone on and on, and so does the world!". No $tevie, we don't. STFU.

Oh Daddy? You're still beatin' that horse? It's been dried up glue for a couple of years now...