View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm humming the great WTWCT, I Don't Mind. and Peacekeeper as we speak. (all at once!!)

Also, I too wish this cutting edge music would have been on GOS. I disagree that he was peaking with cutting edge material.

Out of The Cradle was the peak for my "voided" opinion.
He thinks playing to a machine is cutting edge. Or, having someone push buttons for samples (on stage) of his guitar licks. Christine pretending to play keys is the new cutting edge. Stevie screeching into a mic on Outside the Rain last weekend is also cutting edge. Maybe it is me.

But most importantly, LOVE YOU ELLE!! (and that wasn't sarcasm)
all my love right back to you! we just have a completely different taste in music

anyway - i hate WTWCT from SYW and I Don't Mind from Lindsey Buckingham is the song that has everything i dislike about Lindsey's music making (while song like On The Wrong Side has everything i love about Lindsey's music making!).

i don't think OOTC is edgy. i think Come / Murrow / Red Rover were different and interesting, and definitely edgier than general middle of the road soft rock Mac music. i don't see any of the Mac members music as edgy, but LB is more towards that end in some periods than other writers. and i am not saying 90s / original Gift of Screws period is Lindsey's "edgiest" period. i'm saying that he was at his creative peak at the time.

Steal Your Heart Away and Bleed to Love Her are not edgy or up-tempo songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"