View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've never understood this. To me there's a clear timbral difference between their three voices, and it's so obvious when high "girly" backing vocals are actually Lindsey, ie all throughout Tango and SYW. Or at least, it's clear when Christine or Stevie's voices are absent. Lindsey and Chris' vocals do have a big overlap in timbre (think how they bleed together in Don't Stop), but there's a rich and warm quality to Chris's voice that makes it unmistakable as to which tracks she's on (eg Steal Your Heart Away) and which she's not on. For whatever reason (Lindsey usurping total control of the project? Christine not being fully available?), Lindsey and his backing vocals are the substrate of Tango, atop of which Christine and Stevie make cameos.

Just listened to Big Love and was impressed by the bass line. It's busy like a John bass line but very fast and stays in the low keys. I assume it was John but maybe it was sped up? Sorry if it's common knowledge.

Her other tracks aside, Stevie pulls out the stops for Seven Wonders and nails it. Chris and Lindsey are vocally at the top of their game. Too bad that lineup never lived to match the beauty again in a studio album. But they went out on a high note, just as Lindsey wished.