View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
A cool little story of memory is wanted. Love to hear about your experience, where you sat, what blew you away, etc.
I was a high school kid and it was kind of strange looking back as huge of a fan as I was that I did not try to get a ticket until the day of the show. Just a few weeks before I had waited over night at the same venue to get tickets for my other all time favorite band ABBA ( I think I somehow knew that they would never tour again. I was correct.)Some twentysomething guys down the street were going and I asked if I could tag along and bought a ticket at the Sports Arena box office the night of the show .(Fleetwood Mac were then rather notoriously not selling out all venues due to the backlash from Tusk)I was to the right of the stage and a couple levels up .Not bad seats really considering.My focus was very Stevie centric then. She really seemed like a goddess in at that age and in that more innocent time . The entire place reeked of weed and I'm sure I got a contact hight just by breathing. I got the chills when the band fisrt appeared in the haze .It just seemed like they were at the top of their game as a touring act then and their artistic peak as well IMO. I remember Lindsey flailing around in his grey suit and how enthusiastic he seemed about playling the Tusk songs. I was mesmerized by Sisters of the Moon and loved watching Stevie doing the Charleston at the end of Angel.I also loved watching her run and jump up into the arms of a big guy on the side of the stage I think he was a roadie or security. At the end Songbird seemed so moving and poignant. It was the very end of the 1970s and really the end of an era looking back now.I think it was my favorite Fleetwood Mac concert since everyone still seemed to have the energy of youth and a creative drive and didn't need a bunch of supporting musicians and backround singers to put on a dynamic show.Probably the best $12.50 that I have ever spent.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 03-22-2022 at 10:28 PM..