View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This is total thread hijak but I have no use whatsoever for a Dance Deluxe. I never even bought the original. At that point I was already fed up with the same ole same ole from this band. But I am in full agreement on wanting some great Tusk Tour shows. Somebody out there has access to those tapes and I need to hear them. And I mean all of them on that entire tour. My whole FM existence begins and ends with the Live Rhiannon's and her best ones ever came on the latter half of the Tusk Tour, preferably in May & June of 1980. Of the three that I have from that time period, they are amongst my all time faves. Rotterdam, London and Chicago. I know there has got to be more. The one they released from Tuscon recorded in late August 1980 is right up there with these three I mentioned.
I know how you feel. I did buy the Dance and camped out for tickets. But I felt odd not being more excited. I found their performance stale since I saw it on MTV so many times. It was the same exact show with the same words to the audience. The Dance was exciting because Lindsey was back. Stevie was back and they were performing live again. Silver Springs finally got the attention that it deserved. I swear I almost felt how Chris looked. A bit bored
I too would not really have interest in the Dance extended. I actually felt guilty leaving the Dance concert. I waited my entire life to see Lindsey and the band together live and I remember thinking the Farewell concert in 1990 was a better production. Strange.