View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Not related with this post but when I read the word "schizophrenia" reminded me something I read in Mick's book. It was during the Rumours tour:

After twenty-three shows with only a day off here and there, traveling the length and breadth of the land, we were almost spent. Lindsey was so exhausted from fronting the band that he passed out in the shower in his Philadelphia hotel suite and was later diagnosed as having a mild form of epilepsy.

I'm not a doctor but does that exist? "mild epilepsy"? Can that appear when somebody is already an adult? It sounds to me more like a heavy stress. Is he still suffering that "mild" epilepsy?
I think seizure was the word SteveMacD meant to use in his post, but schizophrenia came up instead. And I love the way Mick phrased the incident, but he also could have added “Lindsey was so exhausted from fronting the band (and abusing drugs) that he passed out in the shower…” Just to be clear, it’s very possible that the seizure was solely medically related, but rampant drug use alongside all that could have also caused the seizure, especially if Lindsey had quit using for a bit and then started up again. Also, I think the incident occurred during the Tusk tour.