View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
However, I’m no longer convinced it’s just Stevie at this point. I think John has a part in it, now, too. There was an interview with Mick where it was implied that John didn’t do the Pete tribute because it didn’t pay enough for him. Maybe that’s also why he didn’t do the LBCM tour or Neil’s song. Maybe he’s just done and wants to be on his sailboat. I don’t know, but it’s just the vibe I’ve gotten recently.
I would say John and Michael didn’t tour with Lindsey and Christine for their album because they weren’t invited. Less money to split up, because the tour was on such a smaller scale than a FM tour.

I remember Mick’s comment about why John didn’t participate in the Peter Green tribute concert, and I suspect maybe it wasn’t money so much as maybe John didn’t have any interest. Like he had no… I don’t want to say loyalty, because that sounds harsh, but whereas Mick has always been generous about Peter’s legacy in FM, I’ve never had the impression John felt the same way. I was shocked when I saw John wasn’t participating in the concert, because I figured he and Peter must have been friends, but that’s not necessarily true. Very classy of Christine and Rick to be there, and Rick did an incredible job!