View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Her management company didn’t force her to go to rehab. That doesn’t happen in America. They may have threatened to drop her or something like that, but a person has to want to quit in order to quit. Stevie could have said no, but she didn’t- she went to rehab and she quit doing cocaine. You say she only stayed 28 days instead of 30? Many people go to rehab a dozen times and still never quit using drugs. Addiction is powerful, and it sucks. She didn’t like her experience at rehab? Most people don’t. It’s hard and terrifying and humiliating. Same thing with psychiatric hospitals- most people hate being there, even though it may have ultimately helped them.

I’ve worked with people struggling with addiction. The fact that she quit cocaine after one stint in rehab is surprising. She should take credit for staying off drugs. It’s a miracle none of the Rumours 5 have died of a drug overdose.
I am driving a car and you are my passenger. Suddenly I press the gas pedal to the floor and take my hands off the wheel. There is a curve near a cliff coming up. You grab the wheel. Did I force you to take the wheel? By your logic, I did not. We don't do that in America. You were free to sit back and relax and enjoy the view.
C'mon I cant believe even you believe this rubbish. So Mick is lying in his book how everyone including management "forced" her to go. If she did not feel forced then why did she retaliate against her management company?
When you ditch rehab you fail mister. Talk to any substance abuse counselor. If she had been on probation, she would have been arrested for such an act. Her inspiration for Escape from Berlin was her escape from rehab. Its a play on words but people were shot and swam under icy rivers to escape Berlin. This was her analogy of how she felt. Her words, not mine.