View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Is she high? Seriously.
"I checked myself into rehab. Nobody did that for me"

She is rewriting history. Her management forced her to go. She bailed on Betty Ford and did not even complete 30 days. She wrote a song called "Escape from Berlin" pretty much bashing the rehab center. When she got out, she took aim at everyone who tried to get her help and fired her management company.

She has even blamed her use of klonopin on other people. She has always stated her friends were so fearful she would relapse they sent her to a doctor.

I think she did about 5 lines before doing this interview.
Her management company didn’t force her to go to rehab. That doesn’t happen in America. They may have threatened to drop her or something like that, but a person has to want to quit in order to quit. Stevie could have said no, but she didn’t- she went to rehab and she quit doing cocaine. You say she only stayed 28 days instead of 30? Many people go to rehab a dozen times and still never quit using drugs. Addiction is powerful, and it sucks. She didn’t like her experience at rehab? Most people don’t. It’s hard and terrifying and humiliating. Same thing with psychiatric hospitals- most people hate being there, even though it may have ultimately helped them.

I’ve worked with people struggling with addiction. The fact that she quit cocaine after one stint in rehab is surprising. She should take credit for staying off drugs. It’s a miracle none of the Rumours 5 have died of a drug overdose.