View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Unfortunately, Stevie has gotten real ill on several of her tours and those did not involve a worldwide pandemic. Although I have continued my regular routine, my life does not involve coming into close contact with thousands of strangers on a daily basis. I'm still going to work but I'm also only socializing with the same group of people that I have been around for the past several years. Concerts are totally out of the question for me. I have not gone to the movies since 2019 and the only "crowds" I'm around might be in WalMart or the grocery store. I'm glad you have stayed healthy also, Michele. I read last night that 206 million people around the globe have had covid and praise God we have not been one of them.
You are right. She does get sick on tours. Mirage shows had to be cancelled because of walking pneumonia. The Australian Tango leg was cancelled due to Epstein Bar. She sang in the rain in New Mexico and got so sick and so many gigs were cancelled in 2001.

I totally understand her cancelling but I saw her statement and it was all about her. She was cancelling because she loves to sing and she is old and does not want to get sick. I think she should have also expressed concern for her fans gathering for these shows. I thought her statement was a bit tone deaf. But its not sure if she wrote it.