View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with what MacFan4Life writes. Lindsey speaking real and raw about his view of the demise of the Rumours era band is his prerogative, and by most rationale, past due. I also don't find it particularly inflammatory. I actually think for Stevie the issue was that she did not have as much control as she wanted or believed she was entitled to. Increasingly since 1997 Lindsey was the on stage leader of the band and drove the energy of the show. He already had been the studio leader of the band. As she said in 2013, Fleetwood Mac is a democracy, we all get a vote, but Lindsey gets two. That was likely figurative and not literal, but it is insight into her perception of Lindsey's power within the band. Then he produced a good album with 4/5 of Fleetwood Mac and mounted a tour with Christine that didn't include her. Yes, Fleetwood Mac could be a viable entity without her. Of course clearly not the cash machine without her. That's when her essential nature to the value of the franchise likely became obvious to her, she saw it as her path to assume control, and stick a knife into Lindsey for all the slights, real and perceived, that he had foisted upon her over the past 45 years.

Lindsey has now chose to peal away the BS and let the public know what motivates the most recent version of the band, which is keeping the touring machine (aka the income stream) going. For one go around most ticket buyers could have cared less if Lindsey was there. I still think the 2022 angle to one more cash run will be the return of Lindsey and the Rumours 5 and Lindsey will be a good little compliant soldier.

I do believe it's fan myth, particularly since the return of Christine, that Stevie got a bigger percentage of the touring revenues. The lawsuit filed by Lindsey and his attorneys make it pretty clear the 5 were equal financial partners. His demand for $12-14 million in lost touring income damages from the agreed upon dates, as well as an on going equal percentage of ancillary revenue streams is further evidence he was entitled to an equal income share. Stevie has talked in prior years that Lindsey made way more than everyone else. Likely this is from producer income, but still she could not have been gaining vastly higher touring income from band shows for that belief to have any factual relevance to her. His public net worth has been reported to be higher than Stevie's, though that could easily be incorrect information. Also a divorce settlement will reduce Lindsey's personal asset value, but that's another story.

This was all about control, mixed with a little revenge. Stevie saw the opportunity and seized it.

But in my opinion they will return on stage again no matter what you read and hear them saying about each other. These five people are very adept at sleeping with one another, hating each other, lying about, shunning and ignoring each other for years, only to find their way back to holding hands on a soundstage in Southern California. It is who they are and history repeats itself with them over and over.

Last edited by John Run; 07-18-2021 at 08:02 AM..