View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'd bet band management, ie Azoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yep! and Mick's gotten a call from SN/mgmt. how do you mean? Stevie Nicks would NEVER break / leave / insert your verb FM!
If she got a call from anybody, it was only to clarify this person‘s or that person’s standing with the band, not lecture her. Christine is almost 78, has been a part of Fleetwood Mac to some degree since April, 1968, and has written most of their hits. Stevie isn’t in a position to lecture her. THIS is why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Seems like Stevie's plan. Live off your "legendary" status and just get lots of stories that pop up in the press to keep your name out there and create the impression you are doing something. Stevie will NEVER, EVER, EVER publicly say she is "retired" because, let's face it, she defines her whole existence on the planet by her career. Chris saying Stevie won't tour again with FM takes Stevie off the list of top-touring acts and that will.not.do. She can't have #1 albums anymore but dammit she can still be in a top-grossing act.
The implication of this suggests that since the big touring days are over, Mick, Christine, and Mike now have the power, not Stevie. It was one thing during the LBCM days when Fleetwood Mac still had at least one more huge payday tour in it. That’s not the case anymore. If I were those three, I’d give her an ultimatum to make an album or be fired. Have the termination letter and a press release ready ahead of time. Stevie would be publicity humiliated, lose an income stream outside of her solo career, and Mike could threaten to bar her from any Heartbreakers reunion/tribute show.

Food for thought.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-17-2021 at 08:55 PM..