View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes definitely. Sara lacked the passion musically with her solo bands. Christine on the bench piano, Lindsey, Mick, and John give the song its original intent.

The only Mac song that I like better in her solo career was the first 2 tours of Gold Dust Woman. They made the song a very dark rocker. Everything after those tours was a joke especially the 1989 version of GDW. Horrific cheezy synth keyboards.
Her solo versions of Gypsy and Angel were also painful. I would say the more current solo-Gypsy's are improved but Waddy just doesn't have the same...finesse? And to be fair, Gypsy has sucked solo or band for 20 years.

I'd have to go back and listen to Gold Dust Woman from those tours but wasn't it a rather dark performance by the Mac on the Rumours tour as well? Stevie's solo stuff from her third tour until her '94 tour is rather unlistenable to me. I can never understand the love of her Red Rocks video by some people. It hurts my ears to listen to that.

I would argue that Gold Dust Woman was always done well by Fleetwood Mac. Even in the last decade plus, crackpot dancing notwithstanding, musically it's always been pretty good.